St. George's Foundry Co. (after 1885 called St. George's Engineering Co.) started building bicycles in 1881 under the brand names of Rapid and Dispatch. After 1885 the brand became New Rapid and the newly introduced bike with tangent spokes is a real beauty. It has hollow rims front and rear and some even seemed to have a ball head.
The famous Victor Light Roadster is an American copy of this model.
From 1886 onward New Rapid also built safeties and in 1893 the name of the firm became officially The New Rapid Cycle Co. Ltd.
Most of the above information was found in the Encyclopaedia of Cycle Manufacturers (Ray Miller, VCC)